Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Man from Earth (2007)

This award winning movie adapted from the book by Jerome Bixby (screen writer of Star Trek and other science fiction books) is the most mind-opening, shocking and provoking production of the recent years. This one is a brilliant example among the atheist themed films and free thought addressing the mind and soul. In addition to these reasons you should watch this movie because it is a good Sci-Fi flick.

In this movie the main character John Oldman invites his friends before moving to say goodbye. But when a philosophical discussion starts and his colleges ask questions about him the truth of John Oldman's past is revealed. An innocent conversation then turns to a battle between faith and reason, forcing all guests to interrogate themselves. I don't want to give any more spoilers.

Just watch this brilliant movie and discover the truth yourself!

What does IMDB users say about the movie?
"Finally, a thinking-person's sci-fi movie!"
"The epitome of good science fiction"
"A movie for people who aren't afraid to use their brains"
"Jaw-dropping mind-altering fun"

What did the producer Eric D. Wilkinson say about sharing the movie on the net?
"I will not complain about file sharing. When I make my next picture, I just may upload the movie on the net myself! (...) Our independent movie had next to no advertising budget and very little going for it until somebody ripped one of the DVD screeners and put the movie online for all to download. Most of the feedback from everyone who has downloaded “The Man From Earth” has been overwhelmingly positive. [Source]


File Name ..........: The.Man.From.Earth.2007.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DOMiNO.avi
Total Size (MB) ....: 697,23 MB
Video Length .......: 01:27:06
Video Codec Name ...: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Resolution .........: 528 x 272
Framerate ..........: 23,976 FPS
Subtitles: Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese-BR, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish

http://www.ulozto.net/xMEMn1C/the-man-from-earth-2007-dvdrip-ac3-eng-fxg-avi

[If you enjoy the movie, please donate or buy it.]

11 comments:

Ekin said...

Thanks man. :)

Eric D. Wilkinson said...

Thanks for the kind words about our film.

To anyone who plan on seeing this film, we URGE you to support the filmmakers and rent or buy this DVD. It is available to rent or buy on DVD in in North AMerica (Region 1) and the UK (Region 2).

If you feel it is absolutely nescessary to view this film as a torrent...

We, the filmmakers behind "Jerome Bixby's The Man From Earth" understand that this is a film many movie fans from all over the world want to see. And we especially understand that if you live outside the United States, you have absolutely no way of knowing when this film might be coming to your local cinema, video store, or TV... if ever! Indeed, all international rights to the movie are still available.

And as a result you may have downloaded the film from one of the many torrent (or other) sites available. Chances are, you paid nothing to do so. But please understand that we are just some independent filmmakers who put everything we had into our little movie, and you really hurt us directly when you downloaded the movie illegally.

Judging from the postings at IMDB.com, we see that the vast majority of you quite like the film; many of you even love the film and have watched it repeatedly.

We made this movie with a great deal of love, sacrifice and effort on a low budget. But as low as the budget was, it was still a LOT of money to us, as well as to the people who trusted us with their investment to go ahead and make such an unusual, even controversial film.

So we are making an unusual request... asking you to return the love, if you will:

Please visit www.manfromearth.com, and make some sort of donation in exchange for the enjoyment our movie brought you. It could be fifty cents, it could be fifty dollars. Perhaps you feel the average weekly video store rental is a fair amount. Whatever it is, it might be small to you, but if every single person who downloaded the movie -- heck, if only the people who LIKED the movie -- donated a few dollars, would certainly help get us to breakeven. Just go to www.manfromearth.com and click on "donate" (you don't even need to have an account). The address to use is ewilkinson100@comcast.net.

The money you donate will go DIRECTLY towards everone who worked on and invested in our dream. And who knows... if we ever do break even on "Jerome Bixby's The Man From Earth", maybe we can go make another intelligent, thought-provoking film.

Thank you very, very much for your consideration and for your continued support!

Sincerely,

Eric D. Wilkinson
Producer
Jerome Bixby's The Man From Earth

Anonymous said...

Out of all the posts that I have read, Eric D. Wilkinson's has to be the most sincerest and incredibly straight forward request for supporting independent films. A family member is involved in independent productions and thus I can completely relate with his request. I wish that he can at the least break even.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for posting this movie, I didn't knew it existed and I absolutely loved it.

I wish there were more movies like this...

I will be definitely buying the dvd next time I order a book from Amazon.

Greetings from Uruguay.

Bye.

Anonymous said...

I just ordered this from play.com (reading about it here is the first time I ever heard about it).

Here's hoping it's good.

Anonymous said...

I just watched it. It is phenomenal. I'll have to buy a copy or two. Thank you so much for posting this, and thank you so much to all who made this film.

-Kevin Schreck

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all of your efforts.

But I'm sorry I live outside U.S and I think I can't find this movie in my country, so I guess at this moment I'm going to use a torrent - although it still needs some effort to do this, since I have the lowest internet speed in this planet.

But I promise you, soon I see this movie at the local store or maybe someday I have an opportunity to go to U.S, I'm sure I'd like to buy a DVD version of this movie. Mark my words!


Greetings from Indonesia.

Anonymous said...

I've seen this movie a couple of times and it has become my all-time favourite... now that I've read the comment from director I've donated couple bucks. THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT FILM!!!!

Anonymous said...

I watching right now (six minutes in I am a fan of Johnnie Walker :D) and the acting is horrible but because of so many good reviews I guess I'll keep watching for a while maybe the story is good

Anonymous said...

ok ok to add to my last comment this movie does have an excellent story

Sainath said...

Excellent movie .... thanks a lot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...