Monday, July 6, 2009

Pearl Jam - Do The Evolution



Woo... Woo...
I'm ahead, I'm a man
I'm the first mammal to wear pants, yeah
I'm at peace with my lust
I can kill 'cause in God I trust, yeah
It's evolution, baby

I'm a piece of the man
Buying stocks on the day of the crash
On the loose, I'm a truck
All the rolling hills, I'll flatten 'em out, yeah
It's herd behavior, uh huh
It's evolution, baby

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, here's my clone
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
This land is mine, this land is free
I'll do what I want
yet irresponsibly
It's evolution, baby

I'm a thief, I'm a liar
There's my church, I sing in the choir:
(hallelujah hallelujah)

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my song, admire my clothes
Consider appetite for a nightly feasts
Those ignorant indians got nothin' on me
Nothin', why?
Because, it's evolution, baby!

I am ahead, I am advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the Earth, but now I'm higher
Twenty-ten, watch it go to fire
It's evolution, baby (2x)
I do the evolution
Come on, come on, come on

Thanks to 1Humano

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my song, here's my coat

should be

Admire me, admire my home
Admire my son, here's my clone :)

Ingen said...

At any rate, I liked some of the vadlo evolution Cartoons!

Anonymous said...

This song and video mocks the idea of evolution and focuses on the horrible things that people do. While Ed has stated many times that he believes in evolution and does not believe in God. He doesn't voice anger at God in this song, only at the ways mankind has abused Him for unholy means. The song even ends with apocalyptic prophesy. 2010. We're about to see in he was right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...