Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Your Support Is Needed to Go On
First, as most of you are aware, Rapidshare changed their download rules. Now, if the account holder is a free user, there is a 1 GB download limit or he/she is a premium user it can be downloaded 30 GB daily from his/her account.
I have two free accounts and one premium Rapidshare account which is the most of the files on this blog are stored (222 GB). So if you download a file from free accounts you will encounter this warning "File owner's public traffic exhausted." It makes impossible to download anything from Rapidshare again.
From now on, I will not use Rapidshare to upload new files. But as you can see, I used Rapidshare for the greater amount of file on this blog since 2007. I cannot add alternate links instantly, it will take some time to transfer them to another host and until that moment, I have to upgrade two free accounts to premium to increase the daily limit immediately. If not, that means this site is dead!
Second, the Google ads have been disabled due to copyrighted files inevitably. My income was small but it was better than nothing. Now, I need money not only to buy premium accounts but to live on as a student.
This blog contains highly valuable data. You cannot find most of them anywhere. People can easily reach a source which is unavailable in their countries. People can download streaming videos/TV shows which is only available to a limited area.
I don't wanna lose this Holy Grail of reason and science (I'm sure you too). To be able to continue this mission, your help is very important. So I started a ChipIn event and I'll continue this monthly.
I was earning around $100 per month with Google ads, however I chose a little higher amount for a start, because I'll buy two premium accounts for 150 days (total €60) maybe more. But if you want to help more, it will be much appreciated because I'm broke.
What will I do from that moment?
- I will upgrade two free Rapidshare accounts to premium for 30 GB daily limit.
- I decided to use Uloz.to as a file host. It has 300 Kb/s speed limit for free users. I think, it is very fair comparing with other hosts (most of them only allow 50 Kb/s and they force you to wait some time between downloads).
- I'll upload new files to Uloz.to.
- I'll upload each old files to Uloz.to everyday and I'll inform you about updates two times in a week. (It is not easy job since my upload speed is 60 Kb/s and there are hundreds of files waiting to be uploaded. I have to spare some time like a daily job!)
- I'll renew the premium accounts until I transfer all of them to another host (such as Uloz.to).
- If I you support me on regular basis, I'll buy new and rare materials to release on this blog as well.
Here is my ChipIn event:
Chip In event is over but you can continue to support the blog using Paypal icon below.
Please, don't hesitate to share your ideas and don't forget to try our new file host. Below you'll see the four documentaries that were uploaded to Uloz by me. Try the links and say your opinion. Should we continue with Uloz or another host?
at 12:46 PM