Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Your Support Is Needed to Go On

Two bad news!

First, as most of you are aware, Rapidshare changed their download rules. Now, if the account holder is a free user, there is a 1 GB download limit or he/she is a premium user it can be downloaded 30 GB daily from his/her account.

I have two free accounts and one premium Rapidshare account which is the most of the files on this blog are stored (222 GB). So if you download a file from free accounts you will encounter this warning "File owner's public traffic exhausted." It makes impossible to download anything from Rapidshare again.

From now on, I will not use Rapidshare to upload new files. But as you can see, I used Rapidshare for the greater amount of file on this blog since 2007. I cannot add alternate links instantly, it will take some time to transfer them to another host and until that moment, I have to upgrade two free accounts to premium to increase the daily limit immediately. If not, that means this site is dead!

Second, the Google ads have been disabled due to copyrighted files inevitably. My income was small but it was better than nothing. Now, I need money not only to buy premium accounts but to live on as a student.

This blog contains highly valuable data. You cannot find most of them anywhere. People can easily reach a source which is unavailable in their countries. People can download streaming videos/TV shows which is only available to a limited area.

I don't wanna lose this Holy Grail of reason and science (I'm sure you too). To be able to continue this mission, your help is very important. So I started a ChipIn event and I'll continue this monthly. 

I was earning around $100 per month with Google ads, however I chose a little higher amount for a start, because I'll buy two premium accounts for 150 days (total €60) maybe more. But if you want to help more, it will be much appreciated because I'm broke.

What will I do from that moment?
- I will upgrade two free Rapidshare accounts to premium for 30 GB daily limit. 
- I decided to use Uloz.to as a file host. It has 300 Kb/s speed limit for free users. I think, it is very fair comparing with other hosts (most of them only allow 50 Kb/s and they force you to wait some time between downloads).
- I'll upload new files to Uloz.to.
- I'll upload each old files to Uloz.to everyday and I'll inform you about updates two times in a week. (It is not easy job since my upload speed is 60 Kb/s and there are hundreds of files waiting to be uploaded. I have to spare some time like a daily job!)
- I'll renew the premium accounts until I transfer all of them to another host (such as Uloz.to).
- If I you support me on regular basis, I'll buy new and rare materials to release on this blog as well.

Here is my ChipIn event:



Chip In event is over but you can continue to support the blog using Paypal icon below.



Please, don't hesitate to share your ideas and don't forget to try our new file host. Below you'll see the four documentaries that were uploaded to Uloz by me. Try the links and say your opinion. Should we continue with Uloz or another host?

http://www.ulozto.net/xagyXGK/sex-death-and-the-meaning-of-life-s01e01-720p-hdtv-x264-knifesharp-mkv
http://www.ulozto.net/xSL8Xk7/sex-death-and-the-meaning-of-life-s01e02-720p-hdtv-x264-knifesharp-mkv
http://www.ulozto.net/xpM8q3b/ch4-sex-death-and-the-meaning-of-life-3of3-pdtv-x264-aac-mvgroup-org-mkv
http://www.ulozto.net/xf9KFGK/ch4-islam-the-untold-story-pdtv-xvid-mp3-mvgroup-org-rar

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

First 20$ are chipped in...

Maybe one could use BitTorrent in some way to make share the traffic load.

Anonymous said...

While I'd love to see the blog continue, the costs will continue as well. I think BitTorrent is a better idea.

Persona 101 said...

I'd really like to help, but I'm also a poor student. What I can suggest is for people who've downloaded the files to help with the reuploading (unfortunately I only found this blog last week so haven't downloaded anything yet).

Anonymous said...

Uploaded.net - Mediafire.com - Zippyshare.com - Ryushare.com - RapidGator.net - these are the most popular sites right now for hosting files.

Anonymous said...

it is Ulož, not Ulaz ;) And "Ulož to" menas "save it" or "store it" :)

Anonymous said...

and torrent will be great idea!!!

BlindW@cher said...

Torrent is not good idea for the hundred of files which I had uploaded to Rapidshare before. People wants to download the old files right now and I cannot seed them all at once. Torrent is more risky due to reveal your IPs. Also you cannot sure that people will continue to seed any file. If they don't seed, it means the file dead again.

Anonymous said...

I like this one, download and upload is very fast
http://www.filedropper.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to chip but the screen is in an unkown language for me. How can I have it in English or Portuguese?

http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/249d048fd8beb67e

Anonymous said...

This is what I see when trying to chip in:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orkgandalf/8272417048

SShendeR said...

I think you made a very good choice with Uloz.to. The other two alternatives I could think of are http://limelinx.com/ and http://rusfolder.com/ both of which have super fast download speeds and no time restrictions between downloads, but also have their own disadvantages of Max upload size of 500MB or deletion of files after 30 days of inactivity.

I discovered Uloz.to just recently, and have to say that this is probably the best choice for now, not least because it's not an internationally famous service so the chances of files being removed due to copyright claims are very low too.

Furthermore, jDownloader supports Uloz.to as well!!!

I too think that torrents' disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

All things considered, Uloz.to seems to be a very good choice!

Let's just hope it sticks around for long enough.

BlindW@cher said...

Thank you for sharing your ideas.

I'll go on with uloz. I tried netload.in yesterday. I think it will be a good choice too as an alternative for video files.

The language problem on the payment screen: The paypal automatically chooses the native language according to my country, I couldn't find a way to change it. But if you log in your paypal account before, it will be in your preferred language when you click chip in. Thanks again.

BlindW@cher said...

Another solution: Remove '/tr' in the URL after clicking ChipIn button. I think this helps.

Anonymous said...

10$ added to the pool. Hope you get to continue the excellent resource you have created here. I will contribute every month i can

Anonymous said...

$20 added to the pool. Keep it up and please don't close it.

Anonymous said...

Porque carajos no usas bittorrent ??

Eric said...

Use videobam.com to upload videos


as far as I know it's completely free and has unlimited space.

Anonymous said...

why dont you use a virtual server ?
you can upload with high speed and we can download in direct link

Anonymous said...

Hi, I would like to donate some amount for your website to continue. But living in a third-world country, I do not have a visa card. I remember there is a way to donate via payment through cellphone load. Please work that out, I'd sure love to help. Thanks.

GePonce said...

What about Netload?
And as somebody else already suggested, It would be great if, people whom already downloaded files, upload them again and post the links here.

Anonymous said...

Just chipped in $20 USD. Great service!

Anonymous said...

$10 chipped in to say thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...